Friday, January 16, 2009

Top 10 of 2008

Alright, so January is already halfway over, but today I was thinking about this last year. 2008 was definitely a good year for me and beer, so I decided to try to make my top 10 list of beers I tried in 2008. These weren't necessarily beers I tried for the first time, but were my favorite of the year. Dan and Solomon, I'd like to see what your lists are too. These aren't necessarily in order, they're just the ones that really stood out.

10. Rochefort 8 - Chocolaty and sweet, another great Trappist.
9. Aecht Rauchbier Marzen - Bacon Beer! The smokey/meaty flavor of this beer makes me hungry!
8. Maredsous 8 Dubbel - Each sip was a new flavor, one of the most complex beers I've had.
7. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot 2008 - Strong but good, this was one of the first bitter beers I've really enjoyed.
6. Chimay Blue - Always a good choice, and one of my favorite Trappist beers.
5. Brooklyn Local 1 - Like Duvel, but with a citrus flavor. Excellent beer (review is coming I promise).
4. Ommegeddon - It's a constant temptation to pick another one up. Very unique flavor.
3. Brooklyn Brown Ale - Sweet and flavorful, I could probably drink it all day.
2. Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter - Wow. Rich and flavorful, it's like Guinness on steroids.
1. Duvel - still my favorite, this one will always be hard to top.

No comments:

Post a Comment