Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Epic/Dogfish Head collaboration video

Wow, I've had a pretty serious lack of updates lately. Things are pretty busy around here, and I really just haven't had time to make a lot of posts. Anyway as you can see from some of my most recent posts, a while back I had the opportunity to meet Luke of Epic Brewing at the Dogfish Head brew pub when he was here doing a collaborative brew with Dogfish. The resulting beer was called Portamarillo, and was absolutely delicious. It was a porter made with tamarillo, a tomato-like fruit that grows on trees, and is native to New Zealand. The fruit was smoked over some type of New Zealand wood whose name I can't remember and couldn't pronounce. In any case, it gave the final beer a nice touch of smoked quality to it that I quite enjoy.

Early this morning, Luke tweeted a video of himself sitting down with Sam Calagione of Dogfish, having a beer. They chatted about their brew day this past Sunday in New Zealand, where they made round 2 of the collaboration, and about craft beer as a whole. I really enjoyed watching it, so I wanted to pass it on to you. Also, you can expect to see Luke as one of the featured guests on BREWED, the show Sam will be hosting on the Discovery Channel this fall. Pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment